This free Water Pressure Calculator tool may be used to quickly determine the water pressure in a tap or pipe. To obtain the exact output in fractions of seconds, simply enter the height of the outlet in the input box and press the calculate button.
What is Water Pressure?
The water flow from the tap/pipe is determined by the water pressure. The water is pushed through the pipe using pressure. Water pressure is often defined as a force that makes water flow stronger or weaker. Hydrostatic pressure is the pressure that liquids impose on each other. Pascal is the SI unit for measuring pressure (pa).
The formula for calculating the water pressure is; P = ρ g h
- Where, ρ = density of water
- g = gravitational constant
- h = height
How to Calculate Water Pressure?
The flow of water from the pipe is known as water pressure. It is the force that causes the water flow to become stronger or weaker. Here are several quick and easy ways to figure out how much water pressure you have.
- From the base, measure the height of the outlet.
- P = ρgh is the formula for calculating water pressure.
- The density of water is 1000 kg/m^3, and the gravitational constant is 9.81 ms^2.
- Fill in the blanks in the formula.
- To find the answer, multiply those three integers together.
How to Use the Water Pressure Calculator?
The following procedure is used to calculate the water pressure is as follows
- In the input area, enter the height and x for the unknown value.
- To calculate the water pressure, click the "Calculate x" button.
- Finally, the output field will show the water pressure in the pipes.
Applications of Water Pressure in Daily Life
The following are some examples of velocity applications
- The force that propels or assists a ship or boat to float on water.
- The utilisation of hydraulic force, which is utilised to raise vehicles in repair shops.
- The force that pushes the coke cap open when a force is applied to it.
- The enigmatic energy that emerges when the Dam gates are opened.
- Water Turbines, which revolve due to the force of the water.
For more concepts check out physicscalculatorpro.com to get quick answers by using this free tool.
Examples on finding Water Pressure
Example 1: A waterfall has a height of 350 m. Calculate how much pressure is lost when it reaches the surface?
Given: Density of water, ρ = 1000 kg/m^3
g = 9.8 m/s^2
Height (h) = 350 m
Water Pressure Formula is P = ρgh
= 1000 x 9.81 x 350
= 3,433,500 Pa
Pressure is 3,433,500 Pa
Example 2: A tank of height 8 m is filled with water. Use the Water Pressure Formula to calculate the pressure at the bottom?
Given: Height of tank = 8m
Density of water, ρ = 1000 kg/m^3
g = 9.81 ms^2
Water Pressure Formula is P = ρgh
= 1000 x 9.81 x 8
= 78,480 Pa
Pressure is 78,480 Pa
FAQs on Water Pressure Calculator
1. What is the standard water pressure?
The power with which water reaches your home from the water main is measured in psi, or pounds per square inch. A hose pipe system's normal psi ranges from 30 to 80 psi. While you don't want the psi to be too low, anything above 80 is against the rules.
2. What is the purpose of water pressure?
The force used to propel water through the pipes in our homes, businesses, and public spaces are known as water pressure. This means that the rate at which water flows from a tap is determined by the water's pressure.
3. What is the best way to explain pressure to a child?
Pressure is a metric for determining how much force is exerted across a certain region. A powerful push on a small region generates a lot of pressure, but a weak push distributed over a vast area generates very little.
4. What is the lowest piping pressure for water supply?
The water pressure in most homes is between 45 and 80 psi. Most codes require a minimum pressure of 20 psi, and anything less is considered inadequate. The strains are too much.
5. Is it water or air that leaks faster?
For example, air may travel 300 times quicker than water down a leak channel.