Acceleration of a particle in an electric field calculator is a tool that is used to calculate the problems related to the charged particle in the electric field. Apply the inputs such as charge of a particle, mass, electric field strength.
Acceleration of Particle in Electric field - Definition
The electric field will apply a force that accelerates the charged particle. It is defined as the total acceleration generated due to the force of the electric field.
Acceleration of Particle in the Electric Field Formula
The formula to determine the acceleration of particle in the electric field is given by a = q × E/m
- a = acceleration of the particle
- q = charge of the particle
- E = electric field
- m = mass of the particle
Acceleration of Particle in the Electric Field Derivation
Acceleration in the Electric Field can be derived by using the Newtons second law.
F = ma
we get, a = F/m
- where, a is the acceleration
- F is the force applied
- m is the mass
We can express the formula for Force as F = qE
- q is the charge
- E is the electric field
qE = ma
a = qE/m
Thus the formula to calculate the acceleration of a charged particle in the electric field is a = qE/m
How to Calculate Acceleration of a Particle in Electric Field
Follow the below steps to know how to calculate the Acceleration in the electric field.
- First identify the charge, mass of the particles and electric field strength.
- Substitute the values in the acceleration in the electric field formula i.e., a = q × E/m
- Diminish the equation additional and simplify the electric field in acceleration.
For more concepts check out physicscalculatorpro.com to get quick answers by using this free tool.
FAQs on Acceleration of Particle in Electric Field?
1. How do you calculate the acceleration of a particle in an electric field?
The value of the acceleration can be found by drawing a free-body diagram with the help of formulas F = qE and a = qE/m and applying the values in the formula.
2. What is the acceleration of a charged particle in an electric field?
At the point when a charged particle is put in a uniform electric field, without any remaining powers, it will encounter an acceleration toward the field lines.
3. What is the Equation for Electric Field Strength?
The Equation for Electric Field Strength is E = F/q